The Kids Show is back!
From April 8th our Kids Show will be back in London at the Underbelly on the South Bank. For full details click here.
In the meantime we Susan Harrison (pictured) to tell us about her experience in the show…
“One of the things I enjoy most about doing Showstopper is being able to play the kinds of roles that I wouldn’t normally get cast as in a scripted show. Many’s the time I’ve played a romantic lead, a much older woman, or a man, none of which I’d usually be asked to play in a regular show. But doing the Kids Show takes this to a whole new level. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I’d one day find myself playing an Evil Sea Witch, Paddington Bear or even (wait for it) a Cheese and Onion Pie.
“In the Kid’s Show we only take suggestions from children which means that the ideas we are given are always brilliantly weird. There is no place for clever adult logic in the kid’s show! If the young audience decide they want to see a show set in the stomach of a chicken and if they later decide that the people living in the stomach are Dumbledore and the current Queen of England then that is exactly what we will (and indeed did) give them!
“There is still plenty of singing and dancing in the Kid’s Show but it’s really all about the kids. The fact that the young audience are effectively running the show; deciding plot, location and characters, means that we are always
kept on our toes, ready to jump through whatever hoops they give us, whether that hoop is made of fire, sweets…or even poo.”
- The Showstoppers' Alternative Eurovision Song Contest! (2020/04/28)
- The Showstoppers 24 hour song challenge! (2020/04/08)
- Support the cast (2020/03/18)
- What we are up to, post shutdown... (2020/03/18)
- The Showstoppers' Christmas Kids Show returns to Christmas in Leicester Square! (2019/09/25)
- Showstopper! The Improvised Musical in the West End now booking until March 2020! (2019/09/24)
- The Kids Show is back! (2019/01/29)